How Can Houston Vodka Get Ahead of the Competition?
Earlier this year, an announcement was made by entrepreneurs Omar Afra and Dutch Small. They plan to open a vodka distillery in Houston, Texas which could rival big names such as Smirnoff and Grey Goose. The pair are planning on using locally sourced ingredients in every town they open in, which will give a new and unique flavor to each bottle. They do seem to have a well thought out plan, but with such a saturated vodka industry, are they in over their heads? Houston vodka will have to take on big brands with a loyal customer following, each with their own special recipe. Below are just a few of Houston Vodka’s competition.
- Smirnoff. This vodka giant is the obvious choice for most, being the most popular vodka in America. It is, however, criticized for being marketed as an affordable option but being too expensive in the stores.
- Absolut Vodka. This is a very versatile vodka, with many different flavors such as mango and raspberry. This Swedish brand is a close second to Smirnoff in terms of sales, but could they be taken over by Houston Vodka?
- Belenkaya. The once popular brand has taken a loss in sales in recent years, but is still near the top in terms of popularity. Houston Vodka will have to work hard to not only get to the top, but to stay there.
- Svedka. Another brand with many flavors and colourful packaging, this could overshadow the likes of Houston vodka. With its ever changing array of flavors and proof, it is always finding a way to keep its customer interested, something Houston Vodka will also need to learn.
- Grey Goose. A favorite for parties, Grey Goose have risen in popularity recently. They currently sponsor a number of popular brands, and are showing high visibility in advertising. This is another factor which Houston Vodka will need to consider when going into such a competitive industry.
- SKYY Vodka. A slowly growing brand, SKYY have somehow managed to creep up in the market. They offer a variety of flavors and advertise well, but it is the way they stick to what they know and go with the classics which keeps them on trend. Houston Vodka will need to remember this when they branch out into other towns with other flavors.
Overall, Houston Vodka have a good chance of being successful as they offer something unique in terms of flavor. They will need to look at all of their competition, work out what makes them popular, and try to learn from their successes and mistakes. If they can do this, Houston Vodka will be bringing a new tasting experience to the market, which is sure to be well received.